DBS Supports Gas Safety Week 2020
Here at DBS we are proud to be supporting the 10th Anniversary of Gas Safety Week. Gas Safety Week aims to raise awareness of the importance of taking care of gas appliances. It is
co-ordinated by the Gas Safe Register, the official list of gas engineers who are legally allowed to work on gas appliances.
Gas appliances such as boilers that are incorrectly installed or poorly serviced can end up leading to devastating consequences such as fires, gas leaks, explosions and carbon monoxide poisoning. It is therefore vital to take good care of your gas appliances. We caught up with our Senior Gas Engineer, Greg Preston, who has provided us with his top Gas Safety tips.
- Top Tip 1 – Check for warning signs that your appliances aren’t working correctly. Appliances that are not working correctly are indicated by a lazy yellow flame instead of a crisp blue one, black marks on or around the appliance and too much condensation in the room.
- Top Tip 2 – Only use a Gas Safe Registered Engineer. All of our DBS Heating Engineers are Gas Safe Registered. You can find and check an engineer at GasSafeRegister.co.uk.
- Top Tip 3 – Ensure vents are kept clear. Make sure you do not block any vents, as they are vital to ensure gas appliances burn properly.
- Top Tip 4 – Be aware of the 6 signs of Carbon Monoxide poisoning. These are, headaches, dizziness, breathlessness, nausea, collapsing and loss of consciousness.
- Top Tip 5 – Ensure your gas appliances are checked annually. All gas appliances should be checked at least once a year and serviced regularly by a Gas Safe Registered Engineer. For further information on this, please contact our service and maintenance team on 01923 246381.
Remember, it is always better to be Gas Safe than sorry!